ARRA Sub-Recipient Information
Q1 2013 Reporting to www.federalreporting.gov
OERR is instructing all award recipients to comply with the statutory deadline which requires recipients to submit reports to www.federalreporting.gov not later than 10 days after the end of each calendar quarter. For the quarter ending March 31, 2013, all 1512 Reports should be filed by April 10, 2013 .
Please ensure that your SAM registration is current.
There are five main steps to the 1512 reporting process:
Step 1: Register at www.FederalReporting.gov
- Enter your personal information – name, email address and telephone number. Your email address will serve as your user ID for logging into www.federalreporting.gov.
- Complete word verification.
- Answer three security questions.
- Enter organization information – click award recipient and enter your organization’s DUNS number and click “Proceed.”
- Verify your personal and organizational information. If correct, select “Register Now.”
- Print “Registration Confirmation” screen for your records.
- Check your email for your assigned temporary password.
After registering, www.federalreporting.gov will send you a temporary password via email. You will need to change your password the first time you log in to the site after registration. To do this:
- Enter the assigned temporary password in the “Old Password.”
- Then enter a new password.
- Re-type the new password to confirm.
- Once the data is entered, click “OK.”
Request www.federalreporting.gov Personal Identification Number (FRPIN)
www.federalreporting.gov will assign each DUNS number a unique FRPIN. The FRPIN lets www.federalreporting.gov know that you are authorized to report.
Follow these steps to request FRPIN(s)
- Login to the www.federalreporting.gov and enter password.
- Click “Request FRPIN” to begin the process.
- Enter the DUNS number for which you will be reporting and click “OK.”
- Verify your FRPIN request.
- Once approved by your agency POC, you will receive your FRPIN for that DUNS via email and in your www.federalreporting.gov “My Message” inbox.
- This process must be repeated for each DUNS for which you will be reporting.
- When you submit your 1512 report to www.federalreporting.gov the FRPIN will be used to verify that you are authorized to report on behalf of your organization.
If you are reporting for multiple DUNS numbers, you will need to request a FRPIN for each DUNS number.
Step 2: Report Jobs Data to State Agency by March 28
State Agencies that are prime recipients of an ARRA award are required under Section 1512 of the Act to report jobs data including number of jobs created and retained and a description of the jobs. Prime recipients must collect and report jobs data for their own organization as well as from their vendors and from their sub-recipients.
Sub-recipients submit jobs data to the state agency from which they receive their award. Sub-recipients must collect and aggregate jobs data from themselves, their sub-recipients, and their vendors. Jobs data must be submitted two days prior to the close of the quarter to allow time for the state agency to aggregate and report the jobs data to FederalReporting.gov.
Download the Jobs Data Collection Excel Template that sub-recipients must use to collect and aggregate jobs data.
OERR Memo on Jobs Reporting Procedure (6/1/2010).
Deadline for Sub-Recipients to Submit Jobs Data to State Agency
|Deadline to Submit Jobs Data to State Agency
||Reporting Period Covered
|March 28, 2013
||Through the last payroll paid in March 2013
Step 3: Complete and Upload 1512 Excel Template to www.federalreporting.gov
- Data will be reported quarterly via www.FederalReporting.gov using the 1512 Excel Templates.
- Prime recipients and sub-recipients will report cumulative data for all 1512 data elements (except for jobs) through the end of the reporting period.
- 1512 Excel Templates must be uploaded no later than 10 days after the end of the quarter.
- Reporting will continue on a quarterly cycle throughout the life of ARRA.
Step 4: Review and Comment
- Prime recipients review their own data as well as that submitted by their sub-recipients.
- The prime recipient review period for the quarter ending March 31, 2013, will be April 11, 2013 through April 17, 2013.
- Prime recipients will work with sub-recipients to alert them to potential problems with their reports so that the sub-recipient can make corrections during this review period (April 11, 2013 – April 17, 2013).
- Prime recipients can also correct any errors in their reporting during this review period.
- Prime recipients and sub-recipients spreadsheets will be locked April 18, 2013.
- Federal Agencies will review the data from April 19, 2013 to April 29, 2013.
- FederalReporting.gov will be unlocked on May 2, 2013 so as to allow continual review of the data and updates where needed.
Step 5: Release
ARRA 1512 Reporting Resources
OERR 1512 Reporting Resources:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
FederalReporting.gov Registration Resources: